Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 24, 2014

Hey Family your weeks just seem to get busier and busier. So much has happened in the last few days. Last week we were doing really good, I was working with my comp and we taught a ton of lessons and were really getting back in the work now that The World Cup is over. We kept moving doing a little more each day. We marked a person for baptism on the 27, I am really excited for her. She is so smart, and has already read The Book of Mormon in 6 weeks, and has a testimony of it. She told me something last week that I will always keep close to my heart. She said, "I want to learn everything about the church because I want to defend it, and I want to stand up for it." She is going to be a member for life. When we taught the word of wisdom, we gave her the pamphlet a few days before, and she read it and stopped drinking coffee and everything before we even asked her to. She is a great investigator for us. Monday came, and wow I still don't believe that this day happened. We went to a zone activity and when we got there my comp was walking down the street with some of the other missionaries, when he had a panic attack and he fell face first onto the sidewalk. I watched it all happen in slow motion, he hit the ground and I ran over to him, his body was flipping out and I was trying to calm him.There was blood every because he had broken a tooth, split his lip open, his head was cut up, and so were his hands. I was there holding him down and trying to get him to come back to me. Elder H. came over and we worked on him. Someone called 911, and then there was a blessing given to him. The zone said a prayer, and then they all left, because we didn't need a ton of people waiting for the medicas. It was just me and Elder H.taking care of him. The medicas came and took him away, and a member went with him to the hospital. Wow it happened so fast, after I just sat down, and shed a few tears. There was nothing I could do to help my companion right now. After a little bit we started the activity and played some games, and it was good to keep my mind off my companion. The training from my ZL was amazing, it was about comps and how they are family and we need to have their back, and always help them. That night my companion came back and we stayed in the ZL house. The next day we went home and he stayed in bed, I made him soup and smoothies, and then Wednesday, the same thing we stayed in the house. The president came and visited and that was nice. During this time I just read The Book of Mormon, I read over 280 pages yesterday and finished The Book of Mormon. Wow that was amazing I learned so much. This was and has been a hard last few days. Today we went to lunch and then we went to the office to make some doc appointments for him and then use the cp. This week was crazy. I don't believe that it happened, but am glad my companion is doing better.
Elder R. had a tough week, we are glad he is doing better.

Zone Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment