Monday, May 19, 2014

May 6th, 2014

Hey Famliy, How's life??

This week was and has been the hardest week of them all. We needed to get as many people to church so we can reach our goal of 8 batismo this month.... so we hit the streets..... and wow that was hard. We all talked to at least 40 or more people each for the first few days, then we started to knock doors because we were not have any success. In Brazil the way you knock doors is clapping at the door step. So for 6 hours straight we clapped and tried to share the message. Nothing came out of it. It is because this week was another holiday and so no one is home. Sunday we were supposed to have some batismo... but they all fell through... it made Sunday a drag. Are Brazil companion is struggling and this whole week it has been rough. On a good note, this weekend we had a zone activity and hung out. We played basketball for a long time which I have missed. At first we played Americans vs Brazilians.... we destroyed, so we had to split up the teams. This week Elder Hill bought the game war. The last few nights we have been playing a round. War is a really good game, you get to see the true side of your comps... I have learned a lot from it. Overall this week has just been hard work and not many lessons. We did teach of elderly man who lives in a 1.5 million dollar apartment. Wow, is it perfect, I live there. I can't wait until we go back. The best part is that he loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He says he will get batismo. So that's a win for the Lord. I am on an English fast, I can't speak any English. It is soooooo hard, but I am learning very fast. This Sunday we can Skype with our families. I will be able to Skype around 4-5 my time, not sure when that is for you, but I would love to hear from you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment