Thursday, April 9, 2015

February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

Well this week has been yet another crazy week, but one that I can't forget. This week I was able to help Liliane enter the waters of baptism. Wow she is super cool. When I was teaching her I was able to see the light of Christ grow in her eyes, I saw a light of power, love, truth, and everything. This gives me hope that this world isn't all bad that there is still hope. There is still goodness in the middle of the darkness, that there are still good people in the world. I see both sides of the world here. I see the darkest things the world can offer, but I also see the goodness like a little seed. If I plant it and help it grow, giving it water and protecting it until it is a tree then I see the fruit of my work, as families grow in the church. I see the fruit of my work and this is the best joy that one can have. All my work that I do here, goodness comes from it. This week was a good week and I enjoyed it. I am tired but it's all worth it in the end.

So mom to answer your question..I think the best thing that you can do is teach them about Jesus Christ, because if we understand a little bit about the atonement then we wouldn't dare sin and we would work so much harder to help and be better. Always your example teaches better than a million words. Don't ever tell people what to do but invite them. When you ask them, I invite them to do this not for me, but for the Lord. When people put in their head that they are doing it for the Lord and not you, they are more likely to do it, because they are doing it for their Father in Heaven. In the end talk about how much Jesus went through so that we could be here and have the light. Give them small things, and over time you can give them harder things. Use the Lord in everything. If you want someone to change you have to become their friend first, because if you aren't friends then they don't have a reason to do it, but if you're friends then they will do whatever you need. You have to be friends, like true friends. I love you mom!

Love You

Your Son
Baptism

Tired Missionaries

Brazil Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment