Friday, January 29, 2016

January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

Well for those that don't know, I only have 23 days left. Yes that is a small amount of time. To start the week with, Tuesday, we went to itaquera, to have a meeting with the leaders there. We were able to help them,, then we ate lunch.. rice beans and chicken again. Then we went to Cumbica on Wednesday to have another meeting. We helped out and spoke with many people, we also walked a ton, to top it off it was about 98-105 degrees. It is super hot, and it is killing me. Thursday had me at Sao Jose Dos Campos, I love this place, I was able to baptize a ton of people, so it was nice to see old friends and to see how much life has change. We also had to open up a new house with missionaries, give them new furniture and help clean up the house. Friday was the busiest day, we had a huge meeting here in Belém, were I gave a training using PowerPoint to about 50 people. It was about how to be a leader like Jesus Christ, and how we can help more people get baptized. It was hard work, but I believe this was the best training that I have ever given. Saturday had me in my area, teaching a few people about the church. We have a family that we are teaching, Tais and Victor. They are super cool, and last night I planned their wedding and the baptism so that they can get married for eternity. They are super happy, and it makes me even more to see the gospel changing their lives. I know this is the only true church on the earth. I have seen so many miracle, and have had so many things happen to me, that proves that we have a prophet that speaks with God face to face, and that we have the power of god in our hands, and that there is not another path under the heavens were a man can be saved. This is the only true church. Sunday a member of the ward Belém came up to me and said this story. The week before she was really sick and couldn't work or do anything, so she called us to give her a bless of health. So we went and I was able to give here that blessing. She said that after we had left, the sickness left also, she was made whole. I won't lie it was awesome to hear that. I have the priesthood, or in other words the power of Jesus Christ, and I believe that the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the only true church that has this priesthood. This helps me know that what I am doing is of god, and I know what I need to do to get back to heaven. In the mission we speak a lot about families. I know that the family is the most important thing in the world. I believe that if we marry in the temple of god with his holy priesthood, that we can be with our families forever and all eternity. These two years has change who I am, what I know. I know that this is the true church of god, the only true church on the earth. I know this because I am a child of god, and I asked my father in heaven and he has given me an answer. The mission is so cool, I won't lie I am super tired, my body is broken and worn out, but these last two years have been the most fulfilling two years in my life.

Elder Homer

No comments:

Post a Comment