Sunday, June 21, 2015

May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Hey,

Well yesterday was amazing, I was able to see my family and talk with them, that was by far the high light of my week. There is nothing more important than family. To tell the truth, the week goes by so fast that I don't remember really anything. I will try to remember a little bit, so we are teaching a man called Waldil and he is amazing, he is 78 years old and has more energy then I do. He is working on his 5th college degree and it is working really hard. He should be baptized this week which would be amazing, we are also teaching Mirimin and Ana Paula who are sisters and are both loving the church. Mirimin should be baptized this week. Jose is 60 years old and he is awesome and will be a an amazing member. He also should be baptized the 17th. This week we have some new people that we are working with. They are amazing, and really are growing in the church. I think that the best part is when you see your friend or someone you like understand how much Jesus loves them. It gives them hope and it makes them want to do the right things, so that they can have a better life. They know what is important in this life and they know where they can find true happiness.

love you mom..
P.S.

This week I just want to share one short experience that I really liked. With all our members and menos activos we have been teaching the importance of testimonies which has been really fun. At the end we have them write there testimonies down, I have loved teaching this lesson with them. We have been using Alma 32 which is all about the seed and our faith, but we decided to switch it around, where is says seed we put the word testimonies.

26 Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge even so it is with my words. Ye cannotknow of their surety at first, unto perfection, any morethan faith is a perfect knowledge.
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties,even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise aparticle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire tobelieve, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe ina manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, ifye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart,behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not castit out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of theLord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; andwhen you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to saywithin yourselves.It must needs be that this is a goodseed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlargemy soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding,yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
I love verse 28, if we look at it we can see that our testimonies are good and are growing when understanding becomes enlightened. When we can feel it enlarging our soul, and it becomes delicious to us. But how do we take care of our testimonies?
37 And behold, as the tree beginneth to grow, ye will say:Let us nourish it with great care, that it may get root, thatit may grow up, and bring forth fruit unto us. And nowbehold, if ye nourish it with much care it will get root, andgrow up, and bring forth fruit.
We need to nourish it with great care, the only way to do that is by studying our scriptures and the words of the living prophets. We need to learn how to love the time we have to study, to delight on the words of Christ. If we do that it will grow and grow until we reach everlasting life, which is the grand goal. It will grow as we share it, and help others feel the love of their savior and come unto him. We just need to be brave and stand as true witnesses of Christ in this world that is drifting farther and farther away from eternal values.
41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence,and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, itshall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing upunto everlasting life.
So I want to invite you all to study this chapter in Alma 32, but don't just read it, study it word for word, take the time to ponder these words and then think how you can apply them in your own life.
I know that this gospel is the only thing that can bring us true happiness. Maybe right now the mission is really hard for me, but I know if I put my faith in my Heavenly father I will be able to accomplish anything that he wants. I love my savior, and I know he loves me. I love praying, I know that God is really listening, and can give us answers. I invite you all to grow your testimonies so that they can go from this little seed, and grow into a beautiful glorious tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment