Saturday, December 5, 2015

July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Well this week was yet another one full of wild cards. To start this week Tuesday we had like a million things planed but as always everything fell through. So we walked the streets trying to get an idea what is in our area. Which is wow, our area is really big. We talked with a ton of people, but it seemed like everyone was a little cold. Wednesday was really cool, we taught a few people and then that night we had a family night with the ward at the church. When we got there, no one had planed anything, so I took over and taught a wonderful lesson and then we played some cool games that were related and fun was had by all. We had a new friend there Sandro which was amazing, he has been going to church for a little bit and we got to know him a little last week. He wants to be baptized in 3 weeks or less, so we are going to help him with that. It is going to be awesome. Thursday my comp. Elder Brenchley he got really sick. and I mean like deathly sick. We stayed in and I took care of him. Thursday and Friday. Sabado was a normal day, taught a few lessons then got some things ready for Sunday. Sunday we had a huge program that we were made part of. All the youth in the stake had like a mini MTC and they have been there since Friday. Sunday when we got there, we had church and then my zone and I worked with them doing trainings and then we all split up and we hit the streets. We went door to door talking person to person, bringing the happy news that we have a savior and that he loves us and wants us to come home to him. It was amazing we worked hard and fun was really had by all. I would like to share some thing that happened that night. I was with two young men who were getting ready to serve a mission, and as we were walking I saw a man sitting on the side walk, and he seemed a little sad and I felt that we need to talk with him. We went over started talking, and this man he was thinking about what he wanted in his life. He was lost and didn't know what to do. We were able to help him find a path to follow, and he was super excited to have us meet his family. He said that his biggest fear was that he was going to lose his wife and two young kids, that touched my heart. I want to have my family so much. I can't wait until I can see my mom and dad and my brothers. I would do anything to see them, but I can't wait until I can have my own family. It will give me purpose in life. That night I had a lot of meetings with all the leaders to help the zone. To end the night I had dinner with all my missionaries and that was the best thing that they could have given me. The friendships you make are unreal, and the night ended with a ton of laughter. Today we went hiking and let me tell you that was so much fun. We went to this one high mountain and we could see everything. It was beautiful and had some amazing air. It was the best way to start a day, it makes me want to do some hikes when I get home so I can see the world more. I miss trees and wild. I work in a city and sometimes that really kills you. Everything we do only last for a moment, so we need to have as much fun as possible because you don't know if you can go back.
A little quote for you
(A member only needs two things the first is a testimony and the second is being worthy to share it.)

Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment