Saturday, December 5, 2015

October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015
Family,
Well this week was just one of those weeks that you can never forget. I was faced with new challenges that I have never had in my life, and I learned more about my role in life, and about the Book of Mormon. To start this week the week was going well, we went to the temple, which wow, I have never felt the spirit so strongly. They are not lying when they say that the celestial room is the purest and closest places that we can get to heaven. Wow talk about power and spirit, I even let a few tears run down my face. This should be a goal for every family, to go to the temple and partake of the blessings that our Father in Heaven has given us. I needed that, what a great reboot for the work. After I was able to buy root beer, which wow made me miss home so much haha. This week we talked with a ton of people but it seems like people are closing their hearts and don't want to see the light or the truth. It makes me sad. This week as we were walking down a street there was a group of men who I think were drinking, that called us over to talk, which ended up in them swearing at us calling us all sort of names and then spiting in are faces. Yeah the work is hard here, but I guess that's life, salvation isn't easy, it's not for the weak of heart, what else can I say. I am not perfect but it hurts. This week I finished the Book of Mormon, what a book, there is nothing better than reading the Book of Mormon. I love it, you feel the love of god in every page, and you can feel that it's true. It is full of love and help, and calls every one to repentance. It speaks of the light and truth which is the greatest gift that we can be given. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god. It is written proof that god loves us and will always take care of his sons and daughters. This week I learned a lot about who I am and what I want. As a kid I thought I knew what I wanted and what was important, but wow I was so wrong, the mission has opened my eyes to the truth and how I can fine pure joy and happiness. I am not perfect I am very weak, but with a little faith I can move mountains. With faith I can be saved. Love you all. Have an amazing week and God be with you until me meet again.
Elder Homer

No comments:

Post a Comment