Saturday, December 5, 2015

June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015

Well, where to start

I can't believe that yet another week has passed, this week has been one of the bigger and harder weeks of my mission. To start, I don't know if I have been told no or shut down or yelled at so much in my life, for just trying to help people have better lives. It seems like this work will never become better, and that trying to help these people is like trying to run on water or run through fire, it's impossible without the help of the Lord I will never get across.
This week I learned more about me, and what I need to do when I get home then anything else. It's crazy I thought that I was ready for the world, this week the lord showed me that I am not ready and I have so much to learn. This week we painted a lot, helped a lot of people, and even helped with the other elders. It was funny on Sunday I was at the church of one of my elders and the president of the stake, he was surprised to see me at church three times helping my district and all the people they are teaching. He said it's great to see me even though I am not part of the ward. All the members of the 3 wards treat me as if I was their missionary and that I am serving them even though I don't need to. He was surprised.. and looked at me and said you give me hope that we will have great leaders in the future. I just laughed yeah that won't be me. In my ward we had a great change, a new bishop was called and yeah everything will change now, I am really hoping that this will be a change for the good. Today we are going to play soccer with the elders in my zone, and then I am doing a barbecue with some members for all the elders. I guess that's what a leader does. Any way this week was for me to look a little deeper in my heart and to see who I truly am.... Have an amazing week.

Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment